Recently I received the Fitbit Surge for my birthday! I was very excited that it looked like a watch and could serve so many purposes. I wasn’t sure how I would feel about something so bulky because I don’t usually wear a watch. I have now been using the Fitbit for a month and have absolutely fallen in love!
Here is what I like:
- The screen is larger than the other versions and very easy to read.
- It keeps track of your sleep cycle, which has served as a reminder to get good consistent sleep.
- It connects to my phone and buzzes whenever someone texts me. This feature is very handy when working out because it allows me check the message and determine if it can wait until after my workout.
- And the best part is that it tracks your runs. It tells me the speed and time, which has been very helpful for my summer soccer training.
Now of course with any product there are some cons:
- A green light flashes to keep track of your heart rate. I usually sleep with my hands near my head and I had to get use to changing my position because the light would flash in my eyes.
- With a larger screen comes a larger device, so it is kind of chunky and takes some getting used to.
- And finally it’s on the pricy side: $250
Also a quick tip! After a workout it can get pretty gross. I was worried about washing it because it’s sweat proof, but not necessarily submersion proof. So far the best thing I found to clean it has been Premoistened Lens Wipes. These are the perfect size, soft on the watch’s screen and doesn’t allow too much moisture to get into the grooves of the watch. I’d love to hear about your Fitbit experience or if you use any other activity trackers you like better!