This is basically the struggle of my life. I love getting my workout over with, so I don’t have to think about it for the rest of the day. It’s also a great way to start the day off in a good mood, however, try convincing yourself of that in the wee hours of the morning when you are snuggling in a warm cocoon of happiness.
Here are some suggestions for getting your morning workout program started.
1) Figure out your schedule. Make it reasonable and then don’t let yourself sway from it.
2) Give yourself 30 minutes. If you’re running at 6:30am wake up at 6am. This gives you extra time to ease out of bed.
3) Have your workout clothes laid out the night before. The last thing you want to do in the morning is searching for that missing sports bra or matching shirt.
4) Have your iPod ready so you can stretch and wake up to music.
5) If possible run around your neighborhood, or workout near by. The more convenient the workout the fewer excuses you have to tell yourself not to get out of bed when the alarm goes off at 6am.
Remember it’s all about what works for you, and what makes you happy!
When do you like to workout? Are there any early morning tricks that I missed? Share below!