This term I have a first period class every single day of the week that starts at 8am! As a college student this is extremely daunting. There are two challenges that I face and must figure out ways to conquer.
1) Showing up to class prepared and on time.
2) Being attentive and not falling asleep in class.
Here are some ideas I’ve come up with to help me do just that:
- Don’t go to bed past 12. It is very hard to get back on track once you’ve messed up your sleeping cycle.
- Lay out your clothes the night before.
- Have your backpack or purse ready to go.
- Place your alarm clock out of reach. Although painful, this decreases the chances of an addiction to the snooze button.
- Have breakfast to go. I usually have juice and a granola bar or banana.
- Forget makeup, people will be too tired and blurry eyed to notice.
- Figure out a quick hairdo that requires little to no maintenance. Ex: ponytail or messy bun.
- Splash your face and neck with cold water. This will help wake you up.
- Listen to music on the walk to class.
- Sit in the front of the room so you aren’t tempted to nod off.
- Challenge yourself to ask or answer one question per class. This will help you stay alert and shows the professor you’re there to learn.
I hope these tips help, and if you have any other suggestions I’d love to hear them. Just comment below!