I was in Budapest for nearly a week! I have to admit that I knew very little about the city, so I was excited to have so much time to explore. I visited a lot of places, went on a bunch of tours, and tried to squeeze in as much as I possibly could. What I’m sharing below are my absolute favorite places:
- We went on a tour of the Parliament Building. Look how stunning the inside is!
- We rented a group bike and toured Margaret Island. Hope you enjoy this mid-pedal selfie 🙂
- We walked over to the Buda side and saw Castle Hill, the Royal Palace and the Fishermen’s Bastion.
- Check out this AMAZING view from the top of the Fishermen’s Bastion!
- This is an image from inside the Buda Castle. It was more like a wonderful historical museum. There was so much information to soak up and I wish I had spent more time there.
- We went into the Matthias Church, which was absolutely gorgeous from the inside. We also took a tour up to the bell tower. The steps were very tiny and steep, but it was well worth the trek to the top. The view was incredible!
- Shoes of the Danube is a memorial for the Jewish victims who were lined up and shot at the edge of the river. The shoes are made out of iron, but so realistic that even up close they look like they could be made of old weathered leather.
- One of the best decisions we made was taking a night boat cruise. Budapest lights up all the main attractions along the river on both the Buda and Pest side and it is truly a sight to behold.
I hope you enjoyed my travel blog, and as always comment below with your favorite places to visit!